Aug 29, 2011

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon: Wrap-Up Post!


I participated in the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon hosted by Amanda @ On A Book Bender last week!
 
My goal was to finish/read at least 7 books & I read a lot more! 

I have to admit that although I listed lots of books as possible reading choices, I'm such a moody reader, that I read from other books, too!

Total number of books I've read/finished: 11
Total number of pages I've read: 2782
 
From all of these books, I finished 3 books that I've started previously (Aftertime; Invasion; and Dust & Decay), I read 2 graphic novels (The Gwaii and The Last Dragon), I read one novella (The Survivors) & I read 5 more books (Unthinkable; Real Men Will; No Place Like Holmes; Ember and Ash; & Cinder and Ella)! I also read from other books that I didn't finish (The Lipstick Laws; Mortal Mischief; Your Heart Belongs To Me; & Fury).
 
Here are the books I read in the order I finished them:
 
 Overall, I enjoyed all of these books, some more, some less, but my top 3 reads are:

Best read of the week:
 
 
Definitely Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry. Rot & Ruin was one of my top favorite reads last year & I was wondering if the sequel will be as amazing, but Jonathan Maberry did it again! I can't recommend enough the series!
 
 Ember and Ash by Pamela Freeman was really good epic fantasy & I loved it & I highly recommend it & it's my 2nd favorite read of the week!
 
 
And, my 3rd favorite read of the week is Aftertime by Sophie Littlefield. I loved everything about it (I already read the free novella Survivors, too) and I can't wait to read the sequel Rebirth!
 
So, I had lots of fun, read a lot, and I did catch up on my reading!
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH AMANDA for hosting the read-a-thon!!! 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job! 11 is a lot of books to finish, congrats! I can't wait to read Dust and Decay=)I had a great time participating in this read-a-thon too. I can't wait for the next one;)

    ReplyDelete