Feb 21, 2013

"The Blood" by D. J. MacHale



Title: The Blood

Author: D. J. MacHale
 
Series: Morpheus Road #3



My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read from my own copy from February 16-17, 2013)

Summary:



The riveting conclusion to a thrilling trilogy from New York Times bestselling master of suspense D. J. MacHale.

From Marshall’s mysterious experiences in The Light to Cooper’s haunting perspective in The Black, the questions have intensified along with the action. And now it is time for answers: A final showdown is in order between best friends Marshall and Cooper and the terrifying villain Damon, who’s more determined than ever to break down the walls between the worlds of the living and the dead.

Marshall is forced to make a brave and shocking choice when the battle is on the line, and he and Cooper might be rewarded with help from someone quite unexpected….

As the gripping trilogy heads toward resolution, shocks and surprises await at the end of the long and winding Morpheus Road.



 

My Thoughts on the Book:



What did I think of the final book of the Morpheus Road trilogy - The Blood? I was totally amazed & surprised, and I loved every second of it! D. J. MacHale is definitely a master of thrills & twists & turns. Of course I knew what he's capable of, but he still managed to surprise me :) Why? Because The Blood definitely didn't go the way I thought it will when I finished The Black!
D. J. MacHale will take you on quite an adventure on the Morpheus Road with this amazing conclusion to the trilogy. The Blood is fun, fast-paced, action-packed, eventful fantasy, with lots of twists & turns that will keep you guessing what will happen next, as well as lots of heartbreak. Yeah, I admit, I got tears in my eyes more then once.    
This time we follow lots of different PoVs, we even got Damon's PoV, and I loved that it jumped around between all the different characters, because they're all characters we already know, and this made the story to flow perfectly. We also got answers to all those questions we had, so everything wrapped up nicely :)   
I won't go into details about the story, you know me ;) spoiler-free ;) but I have to mention that a character I did expect to show up, did, so that wasn't a surprise :) That character is from D. J. MacHale's Pendragon series, and although I've read only the 1st Pendragon book years ago (before I started blogging, I still need to read the rest, 'cause that book & world rocked) and we meet that character in the 1st book, so it was lovely seeing him/her again, but even if you haven't read the Pendragon series, it doesn't matter. And why did I expect him/her to show up, if I haven't finished the Pendragon series? Well, when the description about The Blood was revealed, lots of Pendragon fans guessed that that one character will show up, since it was mentioned "someone unexpected", so they guessed right :D

So, to wrap up, do I recommend The Blood & the Morpheus Road trilogy? Yes! The Blood completed the trilogy perfectly, and these are definitely books I'll read over & over again, and never get enough! And this only made me even bigger fan of D. J. MacHale, once again he confirmed that he's quite a storyteller, so if you still haven't tried his books, what are you waiting for? He's definitely one of my fav authors, and while waiting for his next book SYLO, I think I'll finally pick up the Pendragon series, I think it's time to finish the series :)


Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment