Feb 28, 2013

"Sucks to Be Me" by Kimberly Pauley



Title: Sucks to Be Me

Author: Kimberly Pauley
 
Series: Sucks to Be Me #1



My rating: 4.5 of 5


(Book read from January 10-12 from my own copy)

Summary:


Mina Hamilton's parents want her dead. (Or undead to be precise.) They're vampires, and like it or not, Mina must decide whether to become a vampire herself. But Mina's more interested in hanging out with best friend Serena and trying to catch the eye of the too-hot-for-high-school Nathan Able than in the vampire training classes she's being forced to take. How's a girl supposed to find the perfect prom date and pass third-year French when her mom and dad are breathing down her neck - - literally?



 

My Thoughts on the Book:



So, what were my first thoughts when I finished Sucks to Be Me? I loved it, loved it, loved it. It was just so much fun & hilarious, with really colorful & likable  characters, and I loved every second of it! Having already read & loved Kimberly Pauley's Cat Girl's Day Off  a few months ago, I expected a fun read, but I was surprised by how fun it actually was :)  I really liked Mina as a character, she made me laugh so much with the way she narrated the story, and I especially liked her vampire myth/truth at the beginning of each chapter. Her friend Serena was a great character & a true friend, too. Nathan was also really great, I absolutely loved George from the moment we meet him in the book :) Aubrey was so silly - hot, but really silly, he got what he deserved ;) as for the romance part, everything went as I predicted it will, and the romance was really sweet. But, don't be afraid that I mentioned 3 guys, there was not a love triangle :) And don't get me start on Uncle Mortie - he actually turn out to be a really cool uncle, so that was a pleasant surprise :) And I absolutely loved the vampire school - so hilarious. 

So, do I recommend Sucks to Be Me? Definitely! If you'd like to read a different & light, but laugh-out-loud take on the vampire myth, then this is a book for you.


Challenges:


2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see this book reviewed on your blog. I bought it about 2 or 3 weeks ago at the dollar store! I was so excited when I saw it I grabbed it on the spot. I cant wait to read it. I looked through it and I loved those little vampire fact/fiction things at the start of each chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I loved the myths/truths, too :) The book is really fun, I hope you'll enjoy it :)

      Delete