Feb 28, 2013

"Wallbanger" by Alice Clayton



Title: Wallbanger

Author: Alice Clayton
 



My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read from January 17-18)

Summary:


Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and - was that a meow? - punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick...

In her third novel, Alice Clayton returns to dish her trademark mix of silly and steamy. Banter, barbs, and strutting pussycats, plus the sexiest apple pie ever made, are dunked in a hot tub and set against the gorgeous San Francisco skyline in this hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight.



 

My Thoughts on the Book:



I absolutely loved Wallbanger. I have to admit that although I've seen Wallbanger around the blogosphere with really great reviews, I wasn't sure about the description at first, but a while ago I was convinced & decided to get it & I absolutely loved every second of it! This book was just so hilarious - I laughed out loud over & over again while reading it! It's definitely one of my most fav adult contemporary books now - and a book I know I'll read again & again (actually, the writing of this review is making me want to pick up & read it again right now). So, we got Caroline - she was such a fun character & really hilarious, too. Then of course there's the notorious wallbanger a.k.a Simon himself! That guy was amazing. At first it seems like he's a womanizing idiot, but he's actually not, he's actually quite a decent & amazing guy. Then there are Simon's friends & Caroline's friends - they were all really fun & likable, too. Everything about this book was really fun - such a hilarious read, I couldn't stop laughing. Anyway, when Simon & Caroline meet, there's definitely attraction on first sight, but what I loved is that they didn't jump right into it. At first they disliked each other, then they became friends, then best friends, and slowly that developed in love - really amazing & swoon-worthy love. Yeah, this book was absolutely amazing, with great well-developed characters, fun banter, hilarious situations, swoon-worthy MC & amazing romance

I can't recommend enough Wallbanger! If you're a fan of funny contemporary romance novels, then this is a must-read for you. Actually, I think that this is a book anyone would enjoy, so I highly recommend it!!! 


Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment