Feb 27, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday #106: The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
 
 


 
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
by
Neil Gaiman

Publication date:
June 18th, 2013
 
The Ocean at the End of the Lane is a fable that reshapes modern fantasy: moving, terrifying and elegiac - as pure as a dream, as delicate as a butterfly's wing, as dangerous as a knife in the dark, from storytelling genius Neil Gaiman.

It began for our narrator forty years ago when the family lodger stole their car and committed suicide in it, stirring up ancient powers best left undisturbed. Dark creatures from beyond the world are on the loose, and it will take everything our narrator has just to stay alive: there is primal horror here, and menace unleashed - within his family and from the forces that have gathered to destroy it.

His only defense is three women, on a farm at the end of the lane. The youngest of them claims that her duckpond is an ocean. The oldest can remember the Big Bang.





What are you waiting for this week?
 
Leave me your WoW links!

5 comments:

  1. I really wish Gaiman would do another big 'adult' book but, in the meantime, we'll have to settle for enjoying him in small doses.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This one sounds awesome...and I love the covers, too. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have to tell you that I'm not surprised ;) I hope you'll get to read this book soon. I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve never heard of this one but it sounds really good. Nice pick!
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't seen the second version of the cover yet. I'm much more of a fan of the first one though, it's gorgeous. Can't wait for this one either, Gaiman is fantastic!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete