Oct 11, 2013

Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon: Start + Goals + Reading List + Updates + Wrap Up!

 
The Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon Vol.2 is hosted by April & Pabkins @ My Shelf Confessions!
 
The read-a-thon starts on October 11th @ 12:01 AM & will end on October 20th @ 11:59 PM.

For more info & to sign up, visit the post HERE

The sign up will be open until midnight EST on October 18th. 

On Twitter as always we'll use #WWReadathon.

  
 

My Goals:


- to read 4 novels;
- to read 2 novellas;
- to read 2 graphic novels;
- to finish 1 previously started book (Insurgent by Veronica Roth);
- to read Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman; 
- to participate in a Twitter Party;
- to participate in 3 mini challenges.
 
 
 

My Reading List:

 
1. Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon by Paul Tobin & Ron Chan (graphic novel);
2. Grimm Volume 1: The Coins of Zakynthos (graphic novel);
3. Entwined by Kristen Callihan (Darkest London novella);
4. Claudette in the Shadows by M. J. Hearle (Winter Saga novella);
5. The Creeps (Samuel Johnson vs. the Devil #3) by John Connolly;
6. Charming (Pax Arcana #1) by Elliott James
7. Parasite (Parasitology #1) by Mira Grant
8. Conjured by Sarah Beth Durst
9. First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World #1) by Jeaniene Frost
10. Midnight Blue-Light Special (InCryptid #2) by Seanan Mcguire
11. Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles #2) by Gena Showalter
12. Last Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassin #1) by Gena Showalter
13. Always On My Mind (Lucky Harbor #8) by Jill Shalvis
14. Lockdown (Escape the Furnace #1) by Alexander Gordon Smith
15. Stone Guardian (Entwined Realms #1) by Danielle Monsch - started, but gave up
16. Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman (illustrated children's book)
17. Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth (to finish).
           

Update #1: 

  
So far I read:

  
... I also participated in 3 of the mini challenges, and I'm finished with my shorter reads, so now it's time to read some novels.
 
 

Update #2: 

  
I read 2 novels since my last update:

  
...I first read First Drop of Crimson, and even though I didn't put it on my read-a-thon list, I couldn't stop myself from picking up Eternal Kiss of Darkness asap. I also started Stone Guardian, but I soon gave up, it wasn't a book for me, and I won't be returning to it soon. Next I'm planning to start The Creeps.
 
  

Update #3:

 
 Since my last update I read 2 more books:

  ...and I loved both The Creeps & Midnight Blue-Light Special. I also participated in the Twitter Party, so I'm almost done reaching all of my goals, the last one being to finish Insurgent, and I have 309 pages to go, so it's definitely doable.
 
 

Wrap Up:

 

So, although I have still time (5h) for reading for this read-a-thon, I decided to wrap it up earlier, since I completed all of my goals.

I read 4 novels: First Drop of Crimson & Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost, The Creeps by John Connolly & Midnight Blue-Light Special by Seanan McGuire, and I absolutely loved all of them (I rated them all with 5 of 5).

I also read 2 novellas: Claudette in the Shadows by M.J. Hearle & Entwined by Kristen Callihan; 2 graphic novels: Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon (as awesome & funny as the game) & Grimm Volume 1 (as awesome as the tv series); I finished the previously started Insurgent by Veronica Roth (which wasn't an easy goal to achieve, since I really didn't like the book, and I had to make myself finish it); I read the children's book Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman, which was really cute & fun; & I also read one of the InCryptid prequel short stories by Seanan McGuire - Loch & Key.

I also participated in the Twitter Party on Friday (although technically for me it was on Saturday, since it started at 2 am), and I participated in 3 of the mini challenges: Superstitions; Wicked Title Trouble Challenge & Jigsaw Cover Love. 
I'd like to say thanks to April & Tabitha for hosting another amazing read-a-thon, as well as all the challenge hosts for hosting these fun challenges, as well as everyone that stopped by or I chatted with on Twitter for making this read-a-thon even more fun, so THANK YOU!!!
 

13 comments:

  1. Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith is pretty crazy! It's a good book. :)
    Good luck!

    Brianna @ Listful Booking

    my wwreadathon post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome reading list! I loved Charming! I can't wait to read Parasite! Also I seriously need to read the first Creeps book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, on all of them :D

      Thanks for stopping by, Tabitha!

      Delete
  3. wow you are doing amazing!!! Oh and Amanda Stephens rocks and I love the Graveyard Queen series:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed :D Can't wait to read more books in the series!

      Delete
  4. You are rocking your reading goals. I read Fortunately, the Milk for WWRAT too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Creeps looks awesome. I read Fortunately, the Milk as well and enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete