Oct 17, 2013

"Destined for an Early Grave" by Jeaniene Frost


Title: Destined for an Early Grave

Author: Jeaniene Frost

Series: Night Huntress, #4


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read on October 9th-10th, 2013.) 


Summary:



Her deadly dreams leave her in grave danger. 

Since half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her undead lover Bones met six years ago, they've fought against the rogue undead, battled a vengeful Master vampire, and pledged their devotion with a blood bond. Now it's time for a vacation. But their hopes for a perfect Paris holiday are dashed when Cat awakes one night in terror. She's having visions of a vampire named Gregor who's more powerful than Bones and has ties to her past that even Cat herself didn't know about. 

Gregor believes Cat is his and he won't stop until he has her. As the battle begins between the vamp who haunts her nightmares and the one who holds her heart, only Cat can break Gregor's hold over her. She'll need all the power she can summon in order to bring down the baddest bloodsucker she's ever faced . . . even if getting that power will result in an early grave.
 



My Thoughts on the Book:



Destined for an Early Grave is the most amazing book so far in the series, and the most heartbreaking, and I absolutely loved it.

I'm actually glad that the author decided to take the story where she did, it was different & necessary, and I can't wait to see what she'd came up with next for my fav characters.

Gregor is one egotistical jerk, and I loved to hate him, and I was so sad about Cat (thank God for Mencheres), my heart was breaking for her & what she has been through. Also, my heart was breaking for Bones so much, as well as for both Cat & Bones, and about the one they lost in this book :(
  
But, Spade was absolutely amazing in this book, and Vlad was amazing, too, (I'm dying to start his series), and of course Cat & Bones were amazing as always (Cat became even more bad-ass than ever before), and I loved the ending & just about everything. As always, I don't want to spoil the story, you'll just have to read it for yourself, but it was perfect in any way!

Jeaniene Frost doesn't stop to surprise me with every new story she comes up with, making me fall in love with all the characters & the world even more, and making me addicted to the series, so I know I'll never get enough of her books, so if you still haven't tried her books, you definitely must, because you don't know what you're missing!

 
 

Challenges:

 

2 comments:

  1. That's it I seriously need to read the first book already. I tried it on audio and had to stop because i hated Bones voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must! Just try reading the book instead of listening the audio book.
      That's actually the reason why I'm not a fan of audio books, because it can influence on my imagination of the characters, so I prefer reading :)

      Delete