Oct 23, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday #136: The Golden City by J. Kathleen Cheney!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
   


The Golden City
by
J. Kathleen Cheney
 
Publication date:
November 5th, 2013

 
For two years, Oriana Paredes has been a spy among the social elite of the Golden City, reporting back to her people, the sereia, sea folk banned from the city’s shores....
 
When her employer and only confidante decides to elope, Oriana agrees to accompany her to Paris. But before they can depart, the two women are abducted and left to drown. Trapped beneath the waves, Oriana’s heritage allows her to survive while she is forced to watch her only friend die.
 
Vowing vengeance, Oriana crosses paths with Duilio Ferreira - a police consultant who has been investigating the disappearance of a string of servants from the city’s wealthiest homes. Duilio also has a secret: He is a seer and his gifts have led him to Oriana.
 
Bound by their secrets, not trusting each other completely yet having no choice but to work together, Oriana and Duilio must expose a twisted plot of magic so dark that it could cause the very fabric of history to come undone....
 
 
 
 

What are you waiting for this week?
 
Leave me your WoW links!

10 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. I have not read any books with sea folk, but I have seen a couple recently and they look intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this one before but it sounds like a great read. I love the cover too and you don't have to wait long till it's out. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh that sounds intriguing! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks and sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-70-vitro-mad.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cover and blurb! Hope you enjoy it...here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know about this one! Just added it to goodreads, looks like it's getting some early good reviews, too. Great pick! :)


    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm . . . I like the sounds of this. Great pick!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this one sounds so great and I love the cover!! I need to read some reviews. I hope you get to read it soon! :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hm this one feels like it is part of a series. Is it?? Otherwise very interesting choice!!

    My WoW is Horde

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, oh my. Another book that I want NOW!
    Definitely adding this to my tbr

    Thanks for sharing <3

    Check out our Waiting on Wednesday

    Doris @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete