Oct 8, 2013

"Cold Blooded" by Jessica McClain

 
Title: Cold Blooded
 
Author: Amanda Carlson
 
Series: Jessica McClain, #3
 
Publisher: Orbit
 
Publication date: October 8th, 2013


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read on October 7th, 2013,  from an eARC received from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.)
 

Summary:



Magic, mayhem and madness explode in this third installment in the Jessica McClain series.
 
Jessica McClain is on the run... again.
 
Finally reunited with Rourke, Jessica arrives home to find that her best friend has been kidnapped, her father has vanished, and the supernatural Sects -- witches, demons, and sorcerers --- don't even have the courtesy to wait until she is unpacked to attack.

Now, mastering her powers as the sole female werewolf might not be enough to save them. Thrown together in a shaky truce with the Vampire Queen, Jessica must show all the different Sects what the true meaning of "the enemy of my enemy" is or her father will die... 
 



My Thoughts on the Book:



Cold Blooded is another great sequel to the amazing Jessica McClain series. After finishing Hot Blooded, I've been dying to read the next book, and even though Cold Blooded might not have been as mind-blowing as Hot Blooded was for me, it was still quite amazing, and I thoroughly loved every second of it.

From the beginning, the actions starts & never stops. This is one action-packed book. It seems that everywhere Jessica goes, danger & chaos follows, but our Jessica can face it all ;)

The world-building was amazing, we learn a lot more about their world & all the supernaturals, and you gotta love the world Amanda has created. If you only hear about it, you might think it's too much, maybe too complex, but Amanda Carlson makes it work beautifully, and I can't wait to see what she'll think of next.

I won't say a lot about the story, except that I didn't expect for it to develop as it did, but I loved it. Also, once again I thoroughly loved all the characters: Jessica, Rourke, Danny, Tyler, Ray (surprisingly, I love this guy), Nick, Marcy, Naomi, Eudoxia, etc - I can go on & on. We also met some new interesting & intriguing characters, that I'd love to learn more about, as well as new supenaturals, and yeah, we learn more about Jessica & her powers, and we get to learn exactly what kind of cat Rourke is - that was so awesome.

And another thing we finally got - some Jess & Rourke alone time. I mean, finally - I was really glad  that Amanda squeezed in some time for them in all that mayhem, they're awesome together.

I can't recommend enough Cold Blooded & the Jessica McClain series. It's one of the few series I've fallen in love with this year - I love the world, the story, and especially the characters - and I already can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the next book, so yeah, do yourself a favor & get yourself a copy of this book or series.
 
 
 

Challenges:

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment