Oct 9, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday #134: The Creeps by John Connolly!

 
The Creeps
(Samuel Johnson vs. the Devil, #3)
by
John Connolly
 
Publication date:
October 22nd, 2013
 
 
In this clever and quirky follow-up to The Gates and The Infernals, Samuel Johnson’s life seems to have finally settled down — after all, he’s still got the company of his faithful dachshund Boswell and his bumbling demon friend Nurd; he has foiled the dreaded forces of darkness not once but twice; and he’s now dating the lovely Lucy Highmore.

But things in the little English town of Biddlecombe rarely run smoothly for long. Shadows are gathering in the skies; a black heart of pure evil is bubbling with revenge; and it rather looks as if the Multiverse is about to come to an end, starting with Biddlecombe. When a new toy shop’s opening goes terrifyingly awry, Samuel must gather a ragtag band of dwarfs, policemen, and very polite monsters to face down the greatest threat the Multiverse has ever known, not to mention assorted vampires, a girl with an unnatural fondness for spiders, and highly flammable unfriendly elves.

The latest installment of John Connolly’s wholly original and creepily imaginative Samuel Johnson Tales, The Creeps is humorous horror for anyone who enjoys fiction at its best.
   

 
 

What are you waiting for this week?
 
Leave me your WoW links!

27 comments:

  1. I haven't heard about this series before but it sounds interesting and I love the cover. :)
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, really fun & interesting & funny, can't wait to see how it will end :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Dragana.

      Delete
  2. Woha what a great cover! I haven't seen this one before but I need to check out this series. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. john connolly have the best covers for his books. i have the book of lost things on my shelf and it's one of my favorite covers ever. the creeps sounds awesome! perfect hallow's eve read :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Book of Lost Things is just so amazing, you have to read it asap :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Cool pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-68-oblivion.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! I read The Book of Lost Things by this author forever ago and really liked it! Might have to pick up his books again one day!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend them a lot, they're really great :)

      Delete
  6. Hmm, looks like a series I need to get into. Sounds like fun.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks interesting...
    Check out our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting pick! I have not heard of this series before, but it sounds perfect for Halloween! Thank you for sharing an unexpected book!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is :) Thank you for stopping by, Mary!

      Delete
  9. I haven´t heard of this series before but it sounds interesting.
    thanks for sharing.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait no more..just approved your galley. Read it, love it and spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read - or heard of - this series but it sounds good! And looks like you just got the fast track to it :-) Congrats and enjoy! I'll look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so happy I got approved, I'll read it soon :)

      Delete
  12. This series sounds super interesting, I''l be sure to add it to my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Waiting on Wednesday
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh I really need to read the first book!

    ReplyDelete