Oct 12, 2013

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon: Start + Wrap Up!

 
Once again it's time for Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon.
  
As always, the read-a-thon for me starts at 2 pm on Saturday, and ends at 2 pm on Sunday.
 

This time I won't be able to participate as much as usually, it's actually my birthday today, but since for me the read-a-thon lasts until 2 pm on Sunday, I will be able to participate in at least a third of it (hopefully). It's just that this is my 8th time participating in this read-a-thon, so I haven't missed one in years, so I don't want to, so I have to participate, and being a different time zone, I can do it on Sunday :)
  

My Reading List: 

   
Since I won't have a lot of time for reading this time, I decided for a couple of graphic novels (Grimm is one of my fav tv series & Plants vs. Zombies is probably my most fav pc game ever, so I've been dying to read these, but I've been keeping them for this read-a-thon), and a couple of novellas, which should be fast reads, and hopefully I'll go through all of these :)
 


Happy Reading Everyone & Have Fun!!!
  

End of Event Meme:
 
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? - None, after all I didn't participate the whole 24 hours, only the last 3rd of the read-a-thon, and that was after I got some sleep.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? - Any graphic novel is great to keep you engaged.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? - No.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? - Everything was good, as always.
  5. How many books did you read? - Four: 2 graphic novels & 2 novellas.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? - Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon; Grimm Volume 1: The Coins of Zakynthos; Claudette in the Shadows by M.J. Hearle; & Entwined by Kristen Callihan.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? - Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon, although Grimm Volume 1 was close second.
  8. Which did you enjoy least? - Entwined by Kristen Callihan.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? - No.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? - I would most definitely participate again, definitely as a reader, and maybe as a cheerleader.
 
 
Wrap Up:

I managed to read the 2 graphic novels & the 2 novellas from above, and I also read a little bit from Insurgent, too. Also, I participated in only one of the mini challenges, as well as this end of event meme.

10 comments:

  1. I didn't know they had a Plant vs Zombies novel! How cool! Good luck today from TEAM PANDA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ;)

    I love the covers of the two books you're reading, they are gorgeous!

    #TeamPanda

    Kate@MidnightBookGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graphic novels are a great idea! Big Happy Birthday to you, too. I hope you've enjoyed whatever reading you've been able to get done this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for being with us, and a belated happy birthday!!! See you in April! We could definitely use your cheerleading skills. :D --Andi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Entwined looks really good, and I am glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Entwined was only ok, but yeah, Dewey's read-a-thon is always lots of fun :D

      Delete