Jul 28, 2014

"Loving Mindy" by Karen Erickson


Title: Loving Mindy

Author: Karen Erickson

Series: Lone Pine Lake, #2.5

Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC
   
Imprint: Bliss
   
Publication date: July 28th, 2014
  
  
My rating: 3.5 of 5
  
  
(Novella read on July 20th, 2014, from the review copy received from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.)


Summary:

  

He's the one who got away. She's the one he can't forget…
 
Mindy McKenzie’s day has gone from bad to worse. First, her ex whisked her kids away to attend his elopement, leaving her alone for the holidays. And then the man whose heart she broke years ago winds up on her doorstep — stranded. Josh Powers still has a body that can make her mouth water, but unfortunately, she’s sure she missed her chance with him.
 
Waiting out a storm with an attractive woman isn’t normally a bad thing. But when it’s the woman Josh Powers has never been able to get out of his head, it’s pure torture. Especially since he knows she’ll never feel the same way. Mindy is just as sexy and tempting as he remembers, but he can’t risk his heart a second time.


  
  

My Thoughts on the Novella:

   

Loving Mindy is part of the Lone Pine Lake series, and I really enjoyed the previous two books: Jane's Gift & Tempting Cameron. There's just something quite sweet & captivating about the characters & their stories in the series, and the novella Loving Mindy is another story like that.
 
I really liked both Mindy & Josh as characters, and I loved their friendship - the one they used to have before things went south, and the one that they seem to establish between them once again. I was interested about their story a.k.a their past, I really got to know the characters through it, and I was cheering them on in hope of them connecting once again, albeit this time in a different way.

That's all I'm going to say. The story was really sweet & fun, and it left me feeling all warm inside and happy. I can't wait to read the next Lone Pine Lake story. I'm hoping it will be a full-length one.

If you enjoy heartwarming contemporary romances, then Loving Mindy is the story for you & I highly recommend it!
 
 
 

Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment