Jun 5, 2014

"The Mute Button" by Ellie Irving


Title: The Mute Button

Author: Ellie Irving

Publisher: Random House Children's Publishers UK

Imprint: Corgi Children's

Publication date: June 5th, 2014


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read on June 4th, 2014, from the review copy received from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.)
  
 

Summary:


 
A hilarious new story from the author of Billie Templar's War
 
How do you make yourself heard in the midst of chaos?
 
Anthony Button loves his big family, but their noise can drive him crazy.

And with the arrival of a brand-new older brother, it’s worse than ever!

So Ant starts a silent protest to try and get everyone’s attention.

But now he’s pressed the mute button, will he ever find his voice again?
 
  


My Thoughts on the Book:



When I requested The Mute Button, I had no idea what I'm in for. I was expecting cute & funny story, but it was definitely much more, and I loved every second of it.

The Mute Button is a wonderful story about family & finding yourself & finding your place, that was both hilarious & heartbreaking. Ellie Irving managed to make me laugh out loud lots of times while reading this book, but she also made me teary-eyed more than once.

I really did manage to put myself in the place of all the characters (main & secondary) and understand them all. So, yeah, I really connected with everyone, and pretty much was happy with them, and sad with them. I don't want to go into details about the story too much, but it's a beautiful & hilarious tale, that might just leave you hopeful & happy, and with a wonderful message.

I also loved the way it was told. Anthony Button was hilarious storyteller, and I loved his voice, and before this book ended, I adored him & all of his family, as well as all of his new friends. I even wished that I had a bigger family while growing up, instead of only one sibling.

I highly recommend The Mute Button. It was one of the most surprising & unexpected reads this year for me, as well as one of my best reads so far in 2014, and I'm definitely looking forward to trying other stories by Ellie Irving. The Mute Button is a must-read, both for children & grown ups, a book that you wouldn't want to miss!
 
 
 

Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment