Jun 21, 2014

"Burned" by Sarah Morgan


Title: Burned

Author: Sarah Morgan

Series: Miller Sisters, #2
 
Imprint & Publisher: Cosmo Red-Hot Reads from Harlequin
 
Publication date: June 1st, 2014


My rating: 4 of 5


(Read on June 18th, 2014, from the review copy received from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.)


Summary:



Join London's hottest martial arts gym now! 

Every girl needs some self-defense. But at Fit and Physical, you'll learn martial arts and get fit at the same time. Look great, feel better and kick a little butt! Check out one-on-one personal training with our favourite karate black belt, Rosie Miller. She loves her job, the world of martial arts, and her life is just...well, brilliant.
 
Trainer and martial artist Rosie Miller's zen is seriously compromised when Hunter Black--her former coach and lover--becomes her new boss. With all the sexual energy still crackling between them, her poor little zen doesn't stand a chance. So this time, Rosie is determined to do more than put up self-defense. She and Hunter are going to play by her rules...




My Thoughts on the Book:



I really, really enjoyed Sarah Morgan's Ripped, so when I saw Burned, featuring Hayley's sister Rosie, I knew I had to read it! Rosie was a fun character & she definitely played a part in Hayley's HEA, so I was looking forward to seeing her getting her own HEA.

And once again, Sarah Morgan delivered. Burned was almost as good as Ripped. It was entertaining, funny, sizzling, and at the end - sweet & romantic, too.

Five years ago, Rosie got burned by her first and only love since then - Hunter Black. She hadn't seen him since he left her, so when he comes back to her life, it's hard to resist his pull. The chemistry between them is just as hot as it was then, and even though they try, they can't seem to resist the attraction burning between them.

I loved learning about them back then, about how & what happened between them. There story was actually quite sweet. A little bit sad, sure, but really sweet. And I really liked both Rosie & Hunter as characters. When it comes to shorter reads like this one, if you like the characters, you're halfway there, and they were both quite likable characters. Sure, they also burned the sheets, but I also liked their personalities & their connection, not only their chemistry. And the ending was quite sweet & romantic, I loved it. And I also loved the part Hayley played in that, and also, she's hilarious, she made me laugh so much in this book.

If you enjoy fun contemporary romances, I highly recommend the Miller Sisters duo. Also, I'm definitely eager about trying some of Sarah Morgan's other full-length novels.
 
 

Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment