Jun 16, 2014

"The Eternity Cure" by Julie Kagawa


Title: The Eternity Cure

Author: Julie Kagawa

Series: Blood of Eden, #2


My rating: 4.5 of 5


(Book read from June 9th to June 14th, 2014.)  


Summary:



In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood

She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what Allie finds there will change the world forever — and possibly end human and vampire existence.

There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago — and this strain is deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries, if Allie can get to him in time.

Allison thought that immortality was forever. But now, with eternity itself hanging in the balance, the lines between human and monster will blur even further, and Allie must face another choice she could never have imagined having to make.
 



My Thoughts on the Book:


The Eternity Cure is a great sequel to the pretty good The Immortal Rules. I enjoyed it quite a lot from the beginning, but the more I read, the more I enjoyed it, so before this book was over, I was loving it.

Slowly, all the characters got under my skin, and now I can't wait to read the next book, so I'll see how it will end. 

There was still something compelling about Allie & her voice, so I couldn't stop reading. And despite the predictability of the story, it was quite an interesting & cool read, and definitely better than its predecessor.

Allie is awesome character, I love how she doesn't give up when it comes to those she cares about. Jackal is interesting character, and he's a funny one. Sarren is still crazy, and I actually warmed up to Zeke, I quite like him now. I also loved getting a close glimpse to the vampire cities & their princes.
 
If you enjoy post-apocalyptic reads, then I recommend the Blood of Eden series.

 

Challenges:

 

2 comments:

  1. The Blood of Eden series is one of my all time favorite series!! I think this one is my favorite book of the series, but its a close call between this one and the last one (which was amazing!).

    Allie is such a great character!! She is so kick-butt!

    Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, so good! I'm really looking forward to reading The Forever Song, which I'll start any day now :)

      Delete