Jun 20, 2014

"The Forever Song" by Julie Kagawa


Title: The Forever Song

Author: Julie Kagawa

Series: Blood of Eden, #3

Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Publication date: April 15th, 2014


My rating: 3.5 of 5


(Book read on June 17th to June 18th, 2014,  from a review copy received from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.) 

 

Summary:



Vengeance will be hers.
   
    Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster? With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.
 
Monster.

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions - her creator Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost - the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie.

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, her triumph will be short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.

 THE FINAL HUNT IS ON.
   



My Thoughts on the Book:



As you probably know, The Forever Song is the final book in the Blood of Eden trilogy. Overall, it is a nice conclusion to the series.

First of all, I have to mention, that I have a thing about post-apocalyptic stories. There's just something about the danger in a post-apocalyptic world and the survival of the characters in it, and the run-for-your-life moments, as well as the fight-for-your-life moments, that I find completely addicting & thrilling. For me, this trilogy was a mix of good, and not so good. If I have to choose, the best book was definitely the 2nd one, but in this final book there was both something missing, and something was too much, that became boring.

In the first two books, there was just something compelling about Allie's voice & PoV, that made me to not want to stop reading, but unfortunately, that was missing in this final book. And the whole book was same-old, same-old. It's action-packed, with lots of fighting in it, but it was too repetitive, and around halfway through the book, I was starting to get bored. Every time they encountered new rabids, I was like "Come on, enough already!". I'm all about the fighting & the action & the running-for-your-life scenes, but I want for it to be balanced with the rest of the story, and here, it was too much, that it became boring. So, this definitely diminished my enjoyment of the story, and I kept reading only so it will be all over already.

That being said, overall, I still liked the story. Although once again it was too predictable, it was still fun (ok, I admit, Jackal is the one that made it fun). The characters were ok, Sarren is really crazy, and it's a nice conclusion to the series. Nothing mind-blowing, but it was ok. Some parts I really liked, some I didn't, but it is what it is ;) I'm trying not to think too much about the things I didn't like, because I might start to rant, so yeah.

If you enjoyed the previous two books in the trilogy, be sure to read The Forever Song. And I recommend the Blood of Eden trilogy to every fan of post-apocalyptic stories!
  
  
 

Challenges: 


0 comments:

Post a Comment