Apr 24, 2014

"Stiltskin" by Andrew Buckley


Title: Stiltskin

Author: Andrew Buckley

Publisher: Curiosity Quills Press

Publication date: December 9th, 2013


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read from April 1st to April 6th, 2014,  from a review copy received from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.)


Summary:



What would you do if you found an evil dwarf in your bathtub? 

In Robert Darkly’s case you scream like a girl… and then you get taken on a journey to an entirely different world living just on the other side of our own reality; a world where fairy tales are real but not in the way we’ve come to expect them.

The aforementioned dwarf, Rumpelstiltskin, has escaped the Tower prison of Thiside determined to finish the sinister plot he started so many years ago.

Robert Darkly, oblivious that he is the son of the Mad Hatter, must partner with the mysterious ‘Agency’ to pursue Rumpelstiltskin across our world and the world of Thiside and uncover the treacherous secret that threatens to throw both realities into eternal chaos.

 


My Thoughts on the Book:



Andrew Buckley's Stiltskin is one amazing, fantastic & brilliant book, that will take you on one of the most entertaining adventures ever! I adored every second of it, and I'm just laughing every time I think about it!

The story itself was full of awesomeness. From the way the author mixed all the fairy tale characters in one imaginative & unique story, to the world itself - so brilliant!

This book has all: awesome humour, lots of danger, interesting & intriguing characters, that you won't be able to stop yourself & fall in love with, quite evil characters, that you'll love seeing them get what they deserve, lots of action, craziness, some romance, magic and lots of twists & turns.

I adored the main character - Robert Darkly! From the beginning, he stole a piece of my heart. Even though he reminded me a little of Richard Mayhew from Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, he was definitely different, and I loved him so much! And that ending, my heart definitely broke! I had a feeling it was coming, and I was still heartbroken! 

Then there's Rumplestiltskin. He's one evil dwarf, and that book cover - so perfect! And the Mad Hatter. You think you've seen it all when it comes to him & all of the twists on his character, but in this book he's the craziest version ever, just brilliant!

I'll stop here, because talking more about all the characters will make me spoil the story, but all of the characters were brilliant, and full of surprises, and just plain awesome!
  
Stiltskin is one of the best books I've read so far this year, and there's a good possibility that it will end on my best of 2014 list. I'm dying for the sequel, and I can't recommend this book enough!

If you're a fan of humorous bizarro fiction (like Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, Christopher Moore - I've adored the works of these authors), then Stiltskin is definitely a must-read for you, so get yourself a copy asap! You won't regret it!
 
 

Challenges:

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment