Apr 28, 2014

"Attachments" by Rainbow Rowell

  
Title: Attachments

Author: Rainbow Rowell

Publisher: Penguin Group Plume

Imprint: Plume

Publication date: March 27th, 2012


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read on April 17th, 2014,  from a review copy received from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.) 


Summary:



"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you . . . " 

From the award-winning author of Eleanor & Park and Fangirl comes a hilarious and heartfelt novel about love in the workplace.

Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.

Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.

When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories. 
 
By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.
  
What would he say . . . ?
 



My Thoughts on the Book:


I loved Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor & Park, so I've been really looking forward to trying her other books. Attachments is another book I've fallen in love with. I fell in love with the way it was written, with its delightful & realistic & lovable characters, to their sweet & fun story, just everything about it. Attachments is definitely a unique contemporary romance book that I won't forget.

Beth & Jennifer's conversations were hilarious, and I loved reading them. They're amazing friends, and such fun characters, so I could understand how Lincoln got hooked on their emails.

And I loved Lincoln as a character. He's definitely not your usual hero, but that's why I loved him. He was sweet & smart, and so, so nice, and most of all, I could understand him & connect with him. I loved that Attachments was written from his PoV.

As for the romance & the way the story played out, I think it was quite sweet & romantic, and so funny, just a delight to be read. Also, I loved that in the end, it was revealed that Beth & Linc were just perfect for each other (all the things she did when it comes to Linc, that we had no idea about).

If you'd love to read a different type of romance, full of heart, laughs & uniqueness, then Attachments is the book for you & I can't recommend it enough!
 
 
 

Challenges:

 

2 comments:

  1. I love witty banter that makes you laugh Alksandra and Beth and Jennifer sound great! Lincoln sounds wonderful and it's refreshing to see a sweet guy. Great review, I am so glad you enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been planing on reading Rainbow Rowell's books for a while now but somehow I always have something else to read. I'm so happy you loved this one and I really hope I'll read it soon. Great review, Alexandra :)

    ReplyDelete