Oct 31, 2011

#126 - "Halfway to the Grave" by Jeaniene Frost



Title: Halfway to the Grave
 
Author: Jeaniene Frost
 
Series: Night Huntress, Book 1

Book read from September 21st to October 8th, 2011!

My rating: 5 of 5

Summary:
Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.
In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

 My thoughts on the book:
I've heard so many great things about the series, especially about Cat & Bones & now I know why that's the case. I have to admit that although I read this book in two sittings, they were quite apart. I got wrapped up in the story from the beginning & I read half of the book in one sitting. I loved it, but had to put it aside, but after that I was reluctant to return to it. I remember thinking "It can't get better than this.", so I postponed finishing it. And, wow, I was just so wrong. It can get better. I don't know what I was thinking. When I returned to it, I couldn't put it down & finished it. It has everything, great storyline, lovable & well developed characters, humour, hot romance, lost of action & of course kick-ass heroine. I mean really. I don't think I'll forget the fighting scene in the end. Athough this is only the first book, I have to say that Cat & Bones are definitely my favourite couple & I can't wait to read the sequel. I think I'm in love with them both ;) I highly recommend this book if you're like me & you still haven't tried the series. What are you waiting for? 
  
Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment