Mar 14, 2010

#19 - "Storm Front" by Jim Butcher


Summary:
In this first book in the Dresden Files, readers are introduced to Harry Dresden, a wizard with a consulting practice in modern-day Chicago. Dresden's profession offers him little money, lots of mockery, the suspicion of his magical colleagues, and plenty of danger.

My thoughts on the book:
I loved it. Although at the beginning I couldn't really get into it, I kept reading 'cause I had already read some of the short stories on the author's site & I liked them a lot, so I knew I'll like the books too & I wasn't disappointed at all! After I got into it, I just couldn't put it down, so I'll definitely continue reading the series!

My rating: 4.5/5
I gave it rating 4.5 (which for me is between I really liked it & I loved it) only because I couldn't get into it from the start. But after I did, it was definitely for a rating 5, so that's why I compromised with 4.5!
Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. I read this one awhile ago and also remember reading it, but for some reason I just haven't read the next in the series...I need to though!

    ReplyDelete