Mar 22, 2010

#28 - "Can't Stand the Heat" by Louisa Edwards

Summary:
For sharp-tongued food critic Miranda Wake, the chance to spend a month in Adam Temple's kitchen to write an exposé is a journalistic dream come true. Surely Miranda can find a way to cut the hotshot chef down to size once she learns what really goes on at his trendy Manhattan restaurant. But she never expected Adam to find out her most embarrassing secret: she has no idea how to cook.

Adam's not about to have his reputation burned by a critic who doesn't even know the difference between poaching and paring. He'll just have to give the tempting redhead a few private lessons of his own - teaching her what it means to cook with passion, and doing more with his hands than simply preparing sumptuous food.

My thoughts on the book:
I really enjoyed this book. It was really fun read. All I can say is, if you like books with cooking like I do, than this is a book for you. Also, I can't wait to get my hands on the second book "On the Steamy Side". That's all...

My rating: 4/5

Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. I definitely love books that have anything to do with cooking... Great review!

    ReplyDelete