Aug 13, 2014

2nd Annual Beat the Heat Readathon: Start + Reading Plans + Updates + Wrap Up!

The Beat the Heat Readathon is hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat & Reanna @ Phantasmic Reads!
The read-a-thon started on August 11th & ends on August 31st.
  
For more detailed info & to sign up for this read-a-thon, visit the posts HERE or HERE!
  
I participated last year, and I had lots of fun, so of course I had to join again, even though I'm a couple of days late. I knew about it & planned to sign up, but I haven't been around my blog & the blogosphere lately (if not for my scheduled meme posts & reviews, I wouldn't had anything posted lately), so it slipped my mind, and even though I won't be able to read as much as I'd like to, hopefully this will help me make a dent in my review & TBR piles. 
I'll just update this post with my reading progress, and I hope to participate in some of the mini challenges, and tweet about my progress, too.
    
On Twitter we (readathoners) will use #BtHReadathon.

 

As for what I'll be reading, it depends on my mood. I want to finish the previously started The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud (I'm halfway through with it), and there are some Doctor Who Time Trips stories/novellas I want to read, as well as Rose & the Magician's Nephew by Holly Webb, The Demon Notebook by Erika McGann, and lots & lots of others. If I go on, I'll list more than I can actually read ;)

 

 
 

Update #1:


So far I finished The Whispering Skull & read Rose and the Magician's Mask
 
  
Both of these upcoming books were amazing. I also participated in the Unscramble Challenge. No idea what I'll read next.

 

Update #2:

 
 I read one novella & a collection of holiday stories:


 I've also started another read that sounded perfect for the summer, but I wasn't enjoying it (especially the writing style), so I've put it aside, no idea if or when I'll return to it.
 
 

Update #3:

 
 I haven't been reading as much lately, but I did read 2 more books:


 I also participated in one more challenge: the Guess the Cover Challenge. I'm hoping to read more before the end of this read-a-thon.


Wrap Up: 

 
 
Ok, so, since my last update, I did start a couple of books, but I hadn't had enough free time to get far into them, so what I read for this read-a-thon are the books above. Which means that for this read-a-thon, I finished the previously started book The Whispering Skull, read one novella Talk Sweetly to Me, read one collection of stories My True Love Gave to Me & read 3 more books: Rose & the Magician's Mask, Her Kind of Trouble & Shipwrecked with the Billionaire Rock Star. I also participated in 2 of the mini challenges. Overall, it was a good read-a-thon for me. Not the best, I've done better, but with the free time I had for reading, it was good, and most of all, I had fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment