Dec 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Childhood Favorites!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists.
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
These are some of my childhood favorites. Most of them I haven't read in  years, but I'm planning to read them again:
  1. Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne - This was one of my favorite books when I was little, I don't know how many times I've read it & I plan to re-read it again.
  2. Arabian Nights - I absolutely loved all the stories. I had this really old & complete edition (I still have it), which although was without the covers, it was well preserved & it was the biggest book I owned in my childhood & I read it again & again.
  3. Taro the Dragon Boy by Miyoko Matsutani - also one of my favorites. Here (in Macedonia) it's translated as Taro from the Land of the Mountains, so now I had to look for the English title ;)
  4. Sans Famille by Hector Malot - here the title is Without a Home, the original (in French) is Without a Family & the English title is Nobody's Boy (which I don't like at all). Anyway, I read it again a while ago & still loved it just as much.
  5. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer & The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain - I loved both of these & although I don't remember which I loved more, I know read them over & over. I'm planning to read them again, but just hadn't gotten around to them.
  6. The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie - I read lots of books by Agatha Christie as a child & my top favorite (although not the best of her books) was The Secret Adversary.
  7. Uncle Vele's Watermill  & The Magical House by Vancho Nikoleski - These were also my favorites as a child. I don't think they're available in English, I just translated the titles ;) 
  8. Angels in Exile by Paskal Gilevski - this is also another book by a domestic author that I've read it so many times & I also read it again more than a year ago & I still loved it :)
  9. The Diary of Anne Frank
  10. Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare

2 comments:

  1. I loved The Diary of Anne Frank as a child ... I read it many times.

    Come check out ours at The Blue Bookcase

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Nancy Drew and The Bobbsey Twin series.

    Here's my post.

    ReplyDelete