Dec 30, 2010

#222 - "The Cellar" by A. J. Whitten (ARC)


Title: The Cellar
Author: A. J. Whitten
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Imprint: Graphia Books
Publication date: May 2nd, 2011
Genre: YA Horror / Fantasy / Romance
Pages: 288
Available for Pre-order: Paperback


Summary:
Meredith Willis is suspicious of Adrien, the new guy next door. When she dares to sneak a look into the windows of his house, she sees something in the cellar that makes her believe that Adrien might be more than just a creep—he may be an actual monster.
 
But her sister, Heather, doesn't share Meredith's repulsion. Heather believes Adrien is the only guy who really understands her. In fact, she may be falling in love with him. When Adrien and Heather are cast as the leads in the school production of Romeo and Juliet, to Heather, it feels like fate. To Meredith, it feels like a bad omen. But if she tries to tear the couple apart, she could end up in the last place she'd ever want to be: the cellar. Can Meredith convince her sister that she's dating the living dead before it's too late for both of them?
 
My rating: 5 of 5
 
My thoughts on the book:
I loved it! It's a fast read, creepier than I expected, a little gory & the story was interesting. I really liked this different presentation on zombies! The ending didn't surprise me, but still it was good & although I guessed how it will end, I still felt the suspense while I was reading it! Great book & I highly recommend it!
 
Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment