Aug 30, 2010

#156 - "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins


Summary:
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she's made it out of the bloody arena alive, she's still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what's worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss's family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. 

My rating: 5/5

My thoughts on the book: 
Before I read Mockingjay, I didn't read any of the reviews already posted, 'cause I wanted to be surprised & at the beginning I was... When I read Catching Fire last month, I thought that Mockingjay's story will take a little different direction than it did, but when I started reading it, I realised I was wrong, but I still wasn't disappointed. I just realised what probably will & won't happen in the book & I just let myself to be wrapped up in the story & enjoyed the journey. There are a lot of deaths, but that was expected, although most of my favorite characters died... I won't go into details, so I won't spoil the story for the ones that still haven't read it... I'd like to mention that when I finished it, it left me feeling similar like I felt when I finished Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game (although there I didn't see the big twist) & the same like when I finished Neal Shusterman's Unwind, which are some of my favorite reads. Although Mockingjay is not one of the best books I've read, I still enjoyed it a lot (almost loved it), everything that happened it felt real & Mockingjay wrapped up the series just like it should  & I'm glad that Suzanne Collins took a little different approach & I highly recommend the series!

Challenges:

1 comment: