Aug 29, 2010

#152 - "Two-Way Street" by Lauren Barnholdt


Summary:

There are two sides to every breakup.

This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.
Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet.
It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care.
But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.
Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.
 
My rating: 5/5
 
My thoughts on the book:
I loved it! Two-Way Street is told alternately in the present (after they broke-up) & in the past (from when they became couple) & from both Jordan's & Courtney's point of view! I loved the story, it was fun & I slowly attached to the characters & I couldn't wait to read what will happen next. I recommend it a lot!

Challenges:

4 comments:

  1. so glad u liked it! i LOVED this book! u should read one night that changes everything...I'm really getting into Lauren's books :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Faye! I will read it! It's on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound really good. I like road trip books too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great read thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete