Aug 29, 2010

#153 - "Vacations From Hell"


Summary:

Life's a beach . . . and then you're undead? 


In this must-have collection, five of today's hottest writers - Libba Bray (A Great and Terrible Beauty), Cassandra Clare (City of Bones), Claudia Gray (Evernight), Maureen Johnson (13 Little Blue Envelopes), and Sarah Mlynowski (Bras & Broomsticks) - tell supernatural tales of vacations gone awry. Lost luggage is only mildly unpleasant compared to bunking with a witch who holds a grudge. And a sunburn might be embarrassing and painful, but it doesn't last as long as a curse. Of course, even in the most hellish of situations, love can thrive. . . 


From light and funny to dark and creepy, these stories have something for everyone. You definitely won't want to leave this collection at home!

My rating: 4.5/5

My thoughts on the book:
I enjoyed all the stories a lot & they really start light & funny and slowly become darker & creepy and I'm really glad I read them! I still haven't read any books from all this authors, so they were all new to me & I'll definitely read books from them all, although I've been already planning to... 
I won't say too much about the stories, so I won't spoil them, but I'll just rate them all individually!
- Cruisin' by Sarah Mlynowski - 4/5
- I Don't Like Your Girlfriend by Claudia Gray - 4/5
- The Law of Suspects by Maureen Johnson - 5/5
- The Mirror House by Cassandra Clare - 4.5/5
- Nowhere Is Safe by Libba Bray - 5/5

I highly recommend this collection! The stories are really great! I just still can't decide which one I loved the most!

Challenges:

3 comments:

  1. I just got a collection of short stories, and this looks like a great collections too. I will have to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Cassandra Clare's books so I will have to give this anthology a try when I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting - I have never heard of this one!

    ReplyDelete