Oct 13, 2014

"One in a Million" by Jill Shalvis


Title: One in a Million

Author: Jill Shalvis

Series: Lucky Harbor, #12

Publisher: Grand Central Publishing

Publication date: October 14th, 2014


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read on August 6th, 2014,  from the eARC received from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.) 
 

Summary:



As the brains behind wedding site TyingTheKnot.com, Callie sees it all: from the ring to the dress, the smiles...to the tears. It's that last part that keeps her single and not looking. Getting left at the altar will do that to a girl. But when Callie returns to her old hometown, she finds that her sweet high school crush is sexier than ever. And he makes it hard to remember why she's sworn off love...

Tanner is a deep-sea diver with a wild, adrenaline-junkie past-and now his teenage son is back in his life. How can Tanner be a role model when he's still paying for his own mistakes? It's hard enough that gorgeous Callie has appeared in town like a beautiful dream, challenging his best-laid plans to keep his heart on lockdown. Though there's something about being around her again that makes him feel like he can be the man she-and his son-deserve. Little Lucky Harbor holds their past; can it hold a beautiful new future?




My Thoughts on the Book:



When I found out that this last trilogy will be the last one in the Lucky Harbor series, I was sad, because I didn't want it to end. I'm a big fan of the series, and I especially loved books 10 & 11, so I got even more sad about the ending, yet I couldn't wait to see what will happen next. But, One in a Million is the amazing finale that the series deserved, and I loved it so much, that in the end, I didn't mind that the series is over. There's always rereading ;)

As the last book in the last Lucky Harbor trilogy, I already knew the main characters - Callie & Tanner, so I was excited about reading their story. And of course, there's the unforgettable & funny Lucille. I loved learning more about her, and seeing a lot more of her, and she made the finale of the series even more special & amazing!

The story was so much fun, and so sweet & charming, and so funny, and full of heart, and I just adored every second of it. I loved both Callie & Tanner as characters, and I loved their interactions, the way they got close, it was so sweet & so entertaining, and they're so good together.

I can gush about this book, and about the series & all the characters quite a lot, but I'm stopping myself. All I'm going to say is that the finale was perfect, and if you still haven't tried the series, what are you waiting for? 

I highly recommend the Lucky Harbor series to every fan of funny contemporary romances, as well as Jill Shalvis's books. They're among my top favorites, and I know I'll go back to them again & again!
 
 
 

Challenges: 


1 comment: