It's time for Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon.
As always, the read-a-thon for me starts at 2 pm on Saturday, and ends at 2 pm on Sunday.
And this will be my 10th time participating.
This time, I have a mix of full-length novels, collections, shorter novels, novellas, graphic novels & rereads. I hope to read a lot, and participate in some of the memes & challenges, too. As for goals, last time I read for almost 8 hours & read 450+ pages, so this time my goals are to read for at least 8 hours & to read at least 500 pages.
HAPPY READING EVERYONE!!!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?- As always, from Skopje, Macedonia (that's in Europe, on the Balkans).
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?- Even though it's a reread for me: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I wanted to read it again for a couple of months now (it's one of my fav books, and I always reread it in around this time period), but I've been keeping it for the read-a-thon.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?- Nothing particularly a.k.a everything. I only bought things I love! I got lots of snacks this time, both sweet & savory, and I already delved into them this morning, (couldn't resist), so everything ;)
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!- I'm Aleksandra, last weekend was my birthday (so I was happy that the read-a-thon wasn't last weekend), and I adore Neil Gaiman's books. I really admire him & I'll never get enough of rereading his books!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?- I participated last time, and the different thing is that last time I read only full-length books, and this time I have a nice mix of different potential reads!
So far, it's been going great! It's almost midnight here, so almost 10 hours passed from the start of the read-a-thon, but I did participate in 2 challenges: Quotable Quotes & Recommend Me a Book, though I did the Opening Meme, so it's actually 3 challenges so far. I also read these 3 books:
- Books read so far: 3- Pages read so far: 469- Time spent reading so far: 5 h 38 min- Challenges/Memes done: 3
End of Event Meme:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?- It was around hours 13 & 14. I was feeling sleepy, but I wanted to keep reading, but when I realised how much slower I'm reading than usual, I decided to get some sleep, which I think it was a good choice, since after I woke up, I read until the end, all refreshed, and back to my usual reading tempo ;)
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?- Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book, Ernest Cline's Ready Player One & The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J. K. Rowling.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?- Not really, it was another good read-a-thon.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?- I checked out all of the challenges, and they were great & seemed like lots of fun. I wish I could've done more of them, but in the end, I had to choose between them & reading, and the reading won.
5. How many books did you read?- I read 6 books.
6. What were the names of the books you read?- Out of Sight, Out of Mind by Marilyn Kaye; The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J. K. Rowling; The Boy in the Cemetery by Sebastian Gregory; The Kissing Season by Rachael Johns; The Last Temptation by Neil Gaiman & Breaking All Her Rules by Maisey Yates.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?- I actually enjoyed all of them, but I loved the most The Last Temptation graphic novel, and The Boy in the Cemetery is one of those rare unforgettable reads that stay with me long after I've finished them.
8. Which did you enjoy least?- As I said, I enjoyed all of them, but according to my ratings, the book that got only a 3 of 5 is The Kissing Season, though I still really liked it.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?- No, I wasn't a cheerleader.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?- For 5 years, twice a year, I've participated every time, and my answer was always that I will definitely participate again. But, this time, I don't know. For the first time, my answer is maybe. I might participate again next time, then again, I might not, and this might be my last Dewey Read-a-thon.
Final Update & Wrap Up:
Since my last update, I read 3 more books:
I did went to bed, slept around 5-6 hours, and I had quite a successful read-a-thon, especially because I read for over 12 hours.
- Books read since my last update: 3- Total number of books read: 6- Pages read since my last update: 348- Total number of pages read: 817- Time spent reading since my last update: 6 h 29 min- Total time spent reading: 12 h 7 min- Challenges/Memes done since my last update: 1- Total number of challenges/memes done: 3