Feb 25, 2014

"The Last Battle" by C. S. Lewis


Title: The Last Battle

Author: C. S. Lewis

Series: The Chronicles of Narnia, #7


My rating: 4.5 of 5


(Book read from February 21st to February 23rd, 2014.)  
 
 

Summary:



The last battle is the greatest battle of all. 

Narnia... where lies breed fear... where loyalty is tested... where all hope seems lost. 

During the last days of Narnia, the land faces its fiercest challenge - not an invader from without but an enemy from within. Lies and treachery have taken root, and only the king and a small band of loyal followers can prevent the destruction of all they hold dear in this, the magnificent ending to the Chronicles of Narnia.


   

My Thoughts on the Book:


The Last Battle is the final book in the Chromicles of Narnia series. As the title implies, it's about the last battle that happened in Narnia, the battle for Narnia itself.

I have to admit that at first, I didn't really like this book. I felt it was a little bit pointless, because the way the book was written & the way the story developed, I was thinking that there shouldn't have been a final book at all, but that the author should've left it to the reader's imagination.

But, here's where the author managed to dupe me. Let's just say that I was fooled, and didn't quite realise what the author has in store for us & for Narnia itself, and I loved it! It was quite lovely & beautiful & magical, and perfect, and I loved this ending, both as an ending of this book, as well as the ending of the Chronicles of Narnia!

The story was fun, humorous, entertaining, magical & beautiful. We also met a lot of our favorite characters from all of the books, and we met some new ones, too.

What I have to point out is that this final book made me want to read all of the books again, something I never thought I'll want to do again. I mean, I planned to read again those that I loved, but not all of them, since I didn't enjoy all of them equally, but now I want to read all of them, though the next time I'll read them in the chronological order, not in the publication order. I actually read them in the publication order on purpose, I wanted to read them in the order the author wrote them, but now I'd like to read them in the chronological order, and closer to each other, maybe even back to back, though that will happen some time in the future, not soon.

If you're like me, and maybe you still haven't read the Chronicles of Narnia, I highly recommend them. There's a reason why the series is a classic, and every fan of fantasy books should read them!
 
 
 

Challenges:

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed this one. This isn't my favorite in the Narnia universe, but it is still pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete