Nov 29, 2011

#140 - "Epic Fail" by Claire LaZebnik



Title: Epic Fail

Author: Claire LaZebnik

Book read on November 2nd, 2011!

My rating: 3.5 of 5

Summary:
Will Elise’s love life be an epic win or an epic fail?
At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you.
Case in point:
As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school—not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.
As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn’t exactly on everyone’s must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.
When Elise’s beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince’s best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.

 My thoughts on the book:
I love Pride & Prejudice (who doesn't) & I love reading re-tellings, they're always lots of fun & Epic Fail was another fun ya contemporary re-telling of the classic. As a re-telling, it's really, really good. The setting & all the characters & the situations are really well placed in the modern time, yet they still capture the magic of the classic, so the author did a great job on that part, but as a contemporary ya romance, it's a fun book, which I liked it a lot, but nothing that blowed me away. You can say that I didn't really connect with the characters, although I was still cheering for them & I liked them a lot. I'll probably read this one again in a few years, because it was lots of fun & I enjoyed it a lot, so I recommend it.    
  
Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment