Nov 29, 2011

#139 - "Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist" by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan


Title: Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

Author: Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

Book read from November 1st to November 2nd, 2011!

My rating: 3.5 of 5

Summary:
It all starts when Nick asks Norah to be his girlfriend for five minutes. He only needs five minutes to avoid his ex-girlfriend, who's just walked in to his band's show. With a new guy. And then, with one kiss, Nick and Norah are off on an adventure set against the backdrop of New York City - and smack in the middle of all the joy, anxiety, confusion, and excitement of a first date.

This he said/she said romance told by YA stars Rachel Cohn and David Levithan is a sexy, funny roller coaster of a story about one date over one very long night, with two teenagers, both recovering from broken hearts, who are just trying to figure out who they want to be - and where the next great band is playing.

Told in alternating chapters, teeming with music references, humor, angst, and endearing side characters, this is a love story you'll wish were your very own. Working together for the first time, Rachel Cohn and David Levithan have combined forces to create a book that is sure to grab readers of all ages and never let them go.

 My thoughts on the book:
First of all, I have to say that I was really hesitant to read this book. I watched the movie a couple of years ago & it was really below average & I was wondering why the book was so popular, and after that although I found out that the movie was quite different, I still hesitate it, but after reading Dash & Lily's Book of Dares last spring (which I loved) I decided to give it a try to Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. I usually love alternate point-of-views & this time I enjoyed it, too. Alhough I have to admit that I didn't connect with Nick or Norah, overall I liked them. The storyline was interesting (definitely different than the movie), the secondary characters were fun, I enjoyed the writing styles & it was fun, sexy & fast read. I won't go into details, but some parts I loved, some not so much, but most of them I liked a lot, so overall I liked a lot this book. Was it as amazing as everyone said it was? Not really, but I didn't have high expectations & it was good, but in the end it all depends of how much you'll connect with the characters, which I didn't. Will I read it again? Maybe, in a few years. Overall, quite enjoyable contemporary ya romance.  
  
Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment