Jan 24, 2014

"Breakaway" by Jeff Hirsch


Title: Breakaway

Author: Jeff Hirsch
   
Series: The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2

Publisher: Scholastic Inc.

Publication date: January 28th, 2014


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read from January 10th to January 12th, 2014,  from an eARC received from the publisher through NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.)  


Summary:


   
A Nightmare Come True
 
As a member of the most powerful family history has ever known, thirteen-year-old Dan Cahill has been shot at, kidnapped, and even thrown into a pit with a deadly snake. He's survived it all due to luck, smarts, and his older sister, Amy, who always sticks by his side.
 
Now Dan and Amy are facing their greatest threat yet, an enemy who has found a way to use the source of the Cahill family power against them. To stop him, Dan and Amy must set out on a desperate mission that will take them from one of the world's hottest regions all the way to the frozen blast of the Arctic Circle. But with the enemy closing in , Dan finds himself facing the one terror he never imagined - being betrayed by his own sister.
 
 
 

My Thoughts on the Book:



The 2nd book in the newest 39 Clues series Unstoppable, continues right where the previous book ended. Breakaway got me hooked even more on the series, and I absolutely loved where the story went, I mean of the history storyline. That was unexpected, but I loved it. I just wish there was more of it.

I find it interesting how easy it was for me to start to care for all the characters. When they were sad, I was sad, and my heart was almost breaking while seeing Amy & Dan drifting apart, it's obvious that they've been really close for all of their lives, and I can understand Amy, although I don't quite agree with her how she went about it all.

Once again we got an adventure-filled book, this time with lots of travelling all over the world, and it was another danger-filled journey for Amy & the gang. And that Pierce, he really is quite villainous, and I loved hating him, and I can't wait for him to get what he deserves, though I guess it will take a while & more than a few books.

What I'd like to address is, that even though this book is written by another author, you don't really feel it. I'm not saying that it's like they're written by the same author, but the story through both books flowed perfectly, and it only felt like Amy & Dan's story, and that's quite a positive thing. I was interested about this, how it will work, because usually all the authors have different writing styles, but I'm guessing they probably do work together or at least consult, and I guess it is easy, since all of them seem to know the characters quite well, and it definitely works. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since this is the 5th series, but I am, and I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.

Anyway, I highly recommend this book & The 39 Clues: Unstoppable series. I can't wait to read the next book, and see where the Cahill's latest hunt will take them, but thankfully it will be out in a few months, so the waiting won't be long.

As for you, if you love adventure books filled with lots of danger, fun, mystery, and a touch of history, or your children enjoy them, then these are the books for you & I can't recommend them enough!
 
 
 

Challenges:

 

1 comment:

  1. I love it when I can connect with characters that are in books for the younger crowd! :)

    ReplyDelete