Nov 20, 2013

WoW #139: Fragile Spirits + WWW #85!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
     
  
Fragile Spirits
(Souls, #2)
by
Mary Lindsey

Publication date:
January 23rd, 2014


Paul has always known he was a Protector, fated to serve a Speaker who could hear the voices of spirits lingering after death and help those souls find peace.

Vivienne ignores the voices of the dead.

Paul has always followed the Protector’s rule book, preparing diligently for the day when he’d be matched with his Speaker and fulfill his destiny.

Vivienne never does what she’s told.

So when Paul is matched with Vivienne, they both find the pairing less than satisfactory. But a kidnapping, a malevolent spirit and power stronger than both of them may just prove that they are two halves of the same whole.

 
In a stunning story about the beauty of fate and the power of secrets, Mary Lindsey returns to the world of Shattered Souls with a breathtaking thrill-ride of a novel.

    
 
  
 
To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you’ll read next?
This weekly meme is being hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading!
 
    

What am I currently reading?

 
 
So, these days I've been jumping around these 3 books. One Grave at a Time is the 6th Night Huntress novel, but unfortunately, it's not as awesome as the previous ones, there's just something missing, but I still like it & I'll finish it soon. I'm really enjoying The Storyteller, I'm reading it for a read-along, and I'm trying not to devour it too soon, and to be honest, I don't want it to end, so I'm going slow. Also, I'm re-reading City of Bones, and to be honest, I can't say that I enjoy it exactly, but hopefully I'll finish it soon. I'm only reading it again because I decided to finally read books 2 & 3, so I needed to be reminded of this one because I read it so long ago.


What did I recently finish reading?

    
  
The last book I read was The Merchant of Death, the 1st Pendragon book. This was actually a re-read for me, I read it long ago, long before I started blogging, and I've wanted to finish the series since then, and now that I finally re-read this one, I will definitely do that, and once again I thoroughly enjoyed it, and can't wait to see where & what kind of adventures Bobby (and me) will have :)
 


What do I think I'll read next?


  
The Lost City of Faar is the 2nd book in D.J. MacHale's Pendragon series, and I'm also planning to read The Bite Before Christmas collection & Season for Scandal this weekend for the Christmas Spirit Read-a-Thon, because they're both holiday-themed, although quite different, and of course the Night Huntress novella Home for the Holidays is the biggest reason for me reading The Bite Before Christmas, I've heard the novella is quite awesome, and although I haven't tried Lynsay Sands's Argeneau series, I still hope I'll enjoy The Gift.  
 
 
 
How about you? 
 
What are you waiting &/0r reading this week?
 
Leave me your WoW &/or WWW links!

8 comments:

  1. Fragile Spirits looks interesting. I especially love the cover with the girl falling and the awesome purple hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, once again the cover is so pretty :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read 'Shattered Souls' before but I like the cover for sequel and this series does sound interesting...
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    I need to read Night Huntress book #4... I'm behind as usual. And I also only read City of Bones and decided not to go any further. But you are brave to re-read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed quite a lot Shattered Souls, it was sweet & the world was interesting, so of course I want to read this one, too :)

      And yeah, you must read it! Book #4 was amazing, although heartbreaking, definitely my most fav NH book, and you must read the NH World books, too, so awesome. Now I can't wait to start the Night Prince books :)

      About CoB, I watched the movie, so I decided on a whim to read it again, even though I never thought I'll do that again, and even though I knew I'll probably like it even less now, so yeah, I do feel brave ;) Especially, because I usually re-read only books I've loved.

      Thanks for stopping by, Dragana!

      Delete
  3. Your WOW sounds like a powerful read...enjoy! Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! I can't keep track of reading that many books at once. Another blogger I went to for WWW is reading a book in the Mortal Instruments series. I have tried starting multiple times but there are just others I want to read more.
    I will eventually read them all before I start watching the movies.
    Here is my WWW: http://wp.me/p3o4kN-pi

    ReplyDelete