Nov 22, 2013

Christmas Spirit Read-a-Thon: Start + Reading List + Wrap Up!

 
The Christmas Spirit Read-a-Thon is hosted by Michelle a.k.a The True Book Addict at her read-a-thon dedicated blog Seasons of Reading!
 
The read-a-thon starts on Friday, November 22nd at midnight and ends on Sunday, November 24th at 11:59 pm.
     

For more info & to join the read-a-thon, visit the post HERE.
On Twitter we (read-a-thoners) will use the hashtag #CSreadathon.
 
 
I'll try to read some Christmas/holiday-themed books for the read-a-thon, and I'm hoping to read at least 1 book or novella.
 

My Reading List:

 
1. The Bite Before Christmas:
- The Gift by Lynsay Sands - read on November 23rd (a novella)
- Home for the Holidays by Jeaniene Frost - read on November 23rd (a novella)
 
2. Season for Scandal by Theresa Romain - read on November 22nd
 
3. Love for the Holidays collection (to finish):
- Eight Christmas Eves by Rachel Curtis - TBR (a novella)
 - What Once Was Perfect by Zoe York - TBR (a novella)
 
4. The Christmas Train by David Baldacci - to continue reading

5. Heating Up the Holidays:
- Play With Me by Lisa Renee Jones - read on November 22nd (a novella)
- Snowfall by Mary Ann Rivers - TBR (a novella)
- After Midnight by Serena Bell - TBR (a novella)   
   
Wrap Up:

For this read-a-thon, I read:
 

 
Season for Scandal was a sweet holiday-themed historical romance, and I enjoyed it a lot.

I also read one of the novellas in the Heating Up the Holidays Bundle: Play With Me by Lisa Renee Jones. This one was set around Thanksgiving & I liked it.

The Bite Before Christmas contains 2 novellas from 2 series: Night Huntress & Argeneau. I love the Night Huntress series, as well as all the characters, the main (Cat & Bones), as well as all the secondary characters, and this novella had almost all of them together (Vlad was the only one missing), so of course I loved the story of Home for the Holidays. It had everything every fan of the series would expect from a full-length novel, and with everything that was revealed, this novella MUST be read before the last book. I haven't tried the Argeneau series before, so The Gift was my first taste of the world, and I didn't feel at all lost in it. Everything was explained, the characters were likable, and their story was sweet (I loved it), so I might just read the 1st book in the series.
  
And of course, I had to stray from my reading list. I read Once Burned, the 1st book in the Night Prince trilogy, the Night Huntress spin-off. I have to admit that I was a bit (ok, a lot) biased when it comes to Vlad, because I loved him in the Night Huntress series, and I've been missing him in the 6th book, as well as the novella Home for the Holidays, so I had to read this book right now, but if I read this without knowing him from before & loving him for everything he has done for Cat, and how amazing he can actually be, I'm not sure if I would've liked him as much only from this book, but still it was a great read, and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.

 So, that's it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the read-a-thon! I hope that you enjoy your holiday reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're joining us! Good luck working through your list. I really need to read The Christmas Train some time. I've had it in my Christmas book collection for years.

    ReplyDelete