Apr 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I was a Blogger!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists.
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


So, My Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I was a Blogger are:


#1 - J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter 1-7



#2 - Stardust by Neil Gaiman



#3 - Seven Days for an Eternity by Marc Levy



#4 - The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett



#5 - Excavation by James Rollins



#6 - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen



#7 - The Perfect Wife by Victoria Alexander



#8 - The Pirate Lord by Sabrina Jeffries



#9 - The Merchant of Death by D. J. MacHale



#10 - Equinox by Michael White




Ok, so creating this list wasn't easy. Why? Because I love re-reading my fav books, so mostly I don't really remember if I read them before or not, but I'm sure about the books on this list that I read them before I started blogging & they're all some of my favs.  


What about you? 

Leave me your TTT links!

22 comments:

  1. Harry Potter and Pride and Prejudice are the only ones I've read from your list. P&P is on my TTT list this week too, but HP I read after I started blogging.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stardust was a pretty awesome read. I remember reading it in one sitting at a Starbucks a couple years ago. And who can argue with HP? :) Nice list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, no idea how many times I've read both :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Kristen!

      Delete
  3. Okay, now I really just want to read The Pirate Lord. It looks too good! You need to review that one, if you haven't yet. I just wanna know what kinda read it is. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, but it's been so long since I read it, all I remember is that I absolutely loved it, and that it was a really hot historical romance.

      To be honest, my mind kinda went blank when creating this list, but I remember that I read it pre-blogging, and I just got hooked on historical romances, and it was among my favs among them, as well as The Perfect Wife. I think I need to re-read it, I hope I'll love it once again :D I know I loved The Perfect Wife, so that one I recommend it a lot - a historical romance/adventure :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Patricia!

      Delete
  4. Harry :) Agreed!

    I can't believe I still haven't read P&P. Shame on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, P&P is a fun read :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Juju!

      Delete
  5. I really love Stardust. The movie was good too to me, though it wasn't that popular. I thought it did a good job of making that book into a movie.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the movie, too! I didn't mind the changes, even though I read the book first. I love re-reading the book, as well as re-watching the movie :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. The Pendragon books are great huh? I'm surprised. Many book bloggers haven't read the books so it's great to see it on someone's list!

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually read only the 1st one, and it was so good. At the time the series still wasn't finished, so I decided to wait until it is, and still haven't gotten around to them, although it's one of my goals every year! Hopefully this will be the year :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Great list! Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter are also on my list.
    Thanks for visiting My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to put HP but technically I've reread it later so I dunno if that counts. I've read Stardust! *happy dance* and I really liked it and movie too :) Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've read them for the 1st time, it definitely counts. If it didn't, most of these I wouldn't have been able to put on my list, because I've re-read since I begun blogging, some even more then once.

      And yeah, Stardust rocks! It was my 1st taste of Neil Gaiman's writing, oh so long ago...

      Delete
  9. Ooh nice list! Lots of different kinds of books there. Yay for Harry Potter and Stardust - such great stories! I'll definitely have to look up some of the ones I haven't read as they look really good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a list! I'm familiar with the Harry Potter series, Stardust, Pride & Prejudice, and the work of James Rollins. The Harry Potter series was the only thing I read, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. P&P <3
    I loved LOVED Stardust too! And also loved American Gods, Anansi Boys and The Graveyard Book. Yes, I'm a Neil Gaiman fan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love all of those, too :) But, Stardust is the only one I've read before I started my blog, although now I've read all of his novels, and loved them, can't wait for the next one :)

      And YAY for you being a Neil Gaiman fan :D

      Thanks for stopping by, Cayce!

      Delete