Dec 14, 2012

Magnificently Magic Read-a-Thon: Updates & Mini Challenges Post!

The Magnificently Magic Read-a-Thon is hosted by Faye @ A Daydreamer's Thoughts.




So, I decided to post my reading progress in this post, I plan to update it daily, as well as the mini challenges I'll participate in.


Day 1:

I had a really great reading day, I read:

Odd & the Frost Giants was actually a re-read, and once again I loved it - it was lovely & fun & funny & magical, so it was perfect for this read-a-thon :) Jane's Gift was such a sweet & lovely book that I loved. I also liked a lot No Mistletoe Required - it was fun, but it got me teary-eyed a few times, too, so that was a surprise since it's a novella, and I really liked the novella Under the Mistletoe, too.

No idea what I'll be reading next...

Day 2:

Today I read only this collection, and I enjoyed it a lot. All of these stories were sweet, funny & really fun, I loved John Green's & Mauren Johnson's stories, I only liked Lauren Myracle's, but it was lovely at the end of her story to see all the characters again :)
 
Day 3:

Ok, so today I read the novella Once Upon a Winter's Eve by Tessa Dare, and I loved it, it was different then what I expected from the description & sweet, but I guess I should've expected that from this author :) 
 I also now have to rant a little - sorry. On Friday I started the Holiday Kisses anthology, I read only half of the first story - This Time Next Year by Alison Kent - and I finished it on Saturday, and overall it was ok holiday story and I liked it, but then I started the second story A Rare Gift by Jaci Burton & let me tell you, soon I got irritated with it quite a lot. I don't really know where's the boundary between adult romance & erotica, but seriously, this felt a lot like erotica, no character development at all, I know it's a short story/novella, and the character development has to be limited, but compared with the others I read this read-a-thon, this one sucked, I disliked it & I have no idea how & why they fall in love, except the hot sex lol, and there was a lot of it & it was a chore finishing this story, but I did, although technically I finished it on Sunday. And it also didn't feel like a holiday story at all! I've never been a big fan of erotica, but I don't really mind it, as long as I know that's what it is before I start reading it. I get this irritated when a possible love triangle isn't mentioned/hinted in the description of a book, too. I usually hate them, and I usually stay away from books with it, but as long as I know there'll be one & I still read it, I won't mind it as much. 
Yeah, sorry about that, I had to vent, and I went totally off topic, it's just that this story killed my excitement for reading more holiday stories/books for the read-a-thon.

Day 4:

So, I didn't get a lot of reading done today, I read a little from The Dead of Winter by Lee Collins, and I did start the 3rd story in the Holiday Kisses collection, so that's about it...



Mini Challenges:

 
Mini Challenge #2:

This mini challenge is hosted by Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea.

The goal of this mini challenge is to create a book spine poem.

Ok, so I'm not good at poems, but I gave it a try, so here's what I got:


  So, that would be:

 
"The Vicious Deep,
So Close to You,
the Fury Inside,
Singing the Dogstar Blues."

Yeah, ok, this kinda makes me laugh :)

To participate in this mini challenge, visit the post HERE!   


Mini Challenge #3:

This one is hosted by Sheri @ Shut Up and Read.

The goal of this mini challenge is to put back together the quotes from Daughter of Smoke & Bone, so here they are:

Quote #1 - "Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well."

Quote #2 - "She had been innocent once, a little girl playing with feathers on the floor of a devil's lair."

Quote #3 - "...When I saw her smile I wondered what it would be like to make her smile. I thought...I thought it would be like the discovery of smiling."

To participate in this mini challenge, visit the post HERE!


Mini Challenge #4:

The last mini challenge is hosted by Faye @ A Daydreamer's Thoughts.

The goal of this mini challenge is to "build" a Book Christmas Tree. Sounds fun, right?

So, here's my Book Christmas Tree:


...and a look from above...


 So, that's it :)

To participate in this mini challenge, visit the post HERE!      

8 comments:

  1. Wow. You got a lot of reading done. Bravo my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you read loads! That's so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in today's mini challenge! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Like your poem and you're doing so good with reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your poem! And you've made some great progress - go you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tree..soo colorful. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tree! That is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete