Feb 26, 2010

#12 - "Pride, Prejudice & Jasmin Field" by Melissa Nathan


Summary:
It starts as a lark for Jasmin Field, the charming, acerbically witty columnist for a national women's magazine.  She joins a host of celebraties gathering in London to audition for the season's most dazzling charity event:  a one-night only stage production of Jane Austen's immortal Pride and Prejudice, directed by and starring the Academy Award - winning Hollywood heartthrob Harry Noble.  And nobody is more surprised than Jasmin herself when she lands the lead of handsome Harry's love interest, Elizabeth Bennet.  But things start to go very wrong very quickly.  Ms. Field's delicious contempt for the arrogant, overbearing Harry Noble goes from being wicked fun to infuriating.  Her brief moment of theatrical glory looks as if it's going to be overshadowed by the betrayal of her best friend, the disintegration of her family and the implosion of her career. And suddenly she can't remember a single one of her lines.  But, worst of all, Harry Noble - who, incidentally, looks amazing in tight breeches - has started to stare hard at Jazz with that sort of a glimmer in his eyes...

My thoughts on the book:
I loved this book. It's a really good re-telling of Pride & Prejudice. There were some "scenes" that I found it hilarious & I'd like to mention, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Also, I loved the characters. Overall, it was really fun & enjoyable read & I definitely recommend it.

My Rating: 4.5/5

Challenges:

3 comments:

  1. Sounds adorable! I love the pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jane Austen. I might love this one too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I am planning to read this for the Jane Austen challenge.

    ReplyDelete