Feb 22, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #7

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is being hosted by Sheila at One Persons Journey through a World of Books.


This is a great weekly event where everyone can keep track of the books finished last week & the books planning to read this week!


Last week I've finished The Winter Queen by Boris Akunin, (historical detective novel that's 1st book in the Erast Fandorin Mysteries, which I really loved & now is one of my favorites); I've finished The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer - the 2nd Artemis Fowl book & I loved it more than the 1st one & I've read Pride, Prejudice & Jasmin Field by Melissa Nathan. I loved & enjoyed this one too & it's really great modern take on Pride & Prejudice.

I'm really big mood reader, so often happens that I start a book, read it for a day or two & although I 'm enjoying it, I won't be anymore in a mood for that genre & I leave it. Last week I've started My Favorite Witch by Lisa Plumley & I loved it, but my mood changed so I have maybe 50 pages left. I also read half of Impulse & Initiative: A Pride & Prejudice Variation by Abigail Reynolds, which continues after the 1st proposal & Mr. Darcy decides to go after Elizabeth & make her fall in love with him. I'm really enjoying this one, too. I've also started The Templar Legacy by Steve Berry, which from the beginning seems like a great thriller, but I'm not in a mood for thrillers anymore.

So, this week I'll read Angeli na progonstvoto (Angels in Exile) by Paskal Gilevski (one of my favorites) or Vrakanje vo skaznite (Returning to the tales) by Bozin Pavlovski, because I should read a book that's not set in the USA or UK for a challenge that ends this week. These are both from macedonian authors & I don't know if the books are translated to english, so the english titles are translated by me. Also, I'll finish My Favorite Witch this week for the same challenge. Except for these, my other reading choices will depend on my mood & I think that this week I'm in a mood for YA & fantasy.

So, what are you reading?
Tell us now HERE!

11 comments:

  1. I really like Boris Akunin's Ernst Fandorin series. I hope you're planning to continue ...they get better.

    Have a lovely reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard great things about the White Queen -- glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great reading week! Check out mine at: http://ruthiesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_22.html

    Have a good one! :Dp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angeli na progonstvoto (Angels in Exile) by Paskal Gilevski and Vrakanje vo skaznite by Bozin Pavlovski?

    Oh my.... these sounds like deep reads. I am reading Lightning Thief :) Mine is nos too deep at all...LOL

    Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by Boris Akunin yet but I've heard lots of great things about his books. Hope you have a good reading week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great books there. Have a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pride, Prejudice, and Jasmin Field sounds interesting. I am participating in a Jane Austen challenge where I have to read her works as well as spin-offs so I might try that one. Impulse and Initiative sounds like it might be enjoyable too.

    Enjoy your reading this week! Here is what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! It was a good book to read. btw, i apologize for not being to link you in my bloglist (when I should) since I changed my layout (again) and lost my blog list. but you're there now. and btw, aside from novel challenges, i find great book memes here in your blog that I also entered in some - so i did rely on your blog for some great book memes...have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read according to my mood, too. Happy reading! Here's my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. woa! great pick last week girl..well, though none of them i've ever read, i'd love to look for them soon or later.they sound great choice of read =p

    ReplyDelete
  11. These books sound intriguing...have a great week!

    My post:

    http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_22.html

    ReplyDelete