Dec 21, 2009

It's Monday! What are you reading this week? #2

It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event to celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week. Feel free to join here in this weekly event, created by J. Kaye!

Last week I read:
- "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay
- "Dearly Devoted Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay
- "The Sea of Monsters" by Rick Riordan
- "The Titan's Curse" by Rick Riordan
- "The Battle of the Labyrinth" by Rick Riordan
- "The Last Olympian" by Rick Riordan
- "Caught in the Act" by Samantha Hunter
- "Artemis Fowl" by Eoin Colfer
- "Excavation" by James Rollins


My thoughts about the books:
I've been really big fan of "Dexter" the tv series & I've been planning to read the books, but I've been postponing it. I've finally decided to start reading them. "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" is the 1st book in the series & the tv series is based on it, so I already knew the main story from the 1st season, although there are differences, but I still enjoyed it & I liked it a lot. I loved the 2nd book "Dearly Devoted Dexter". I'm glad that they didn't make a season based on the story in this book, 'cause even reading about the victims (very detailed discription) was almost too much for me (and I'm not really squeamish - I'm not sure if this is the real word for what I wanted to say), but on tv will be really awful for watching. Anyway, I loved the book & I couldn't really leave it until I finished it!
I finally finished "Percy Jackson & the Olympians" series by Rick Riordan & I loved it! It was really interesting how the author put all those myths in the story & they worked fantastic & I liked it that when I recognized them even before their names are mentioned & I was thinking "Yes, this from Odyssey", etc... If I have to choose which book I loved the most, I guess that'll be the 4th "The Battle of the Labyrinth", than very close the 5th "The Last Olympian".
In "Caught in the Act" by Samantha Hunter, Gina Thomas is persuaded by her sister Tracy to help her steal photos of her & her lover from the divorce lawyer Mason Scott. So, Gina has to sneak into Mason's home & for the costume party she ordered a ghost costume, but instead she gets a sexy cabaret singer costume. When she goes to Mason's office to find the photos, she's caught by Mason & there's a fiery passion between them... But, what Gina doesn't know is that Tracy wants the photos back because her lover is actually a dangerous criminal, who when found out about the photos & threatened her to retrieve them or he'll kill her... I started reading this book in the beginning of the month & I liked it a lot, but I made a mistake & I didn't finish it right away & after that I just wasn't in the mood anymore for this kind of book & I couldn't make myself finish it.  I read romance books, but they're not my favorite genre, so if I'm not in the mood for them, I don't enjoy them as much as when I'm in a mood. So, when I finished this book last week, I didn't really enjoyed it, but that wasn't because of the book, but because of me. I just don't get into these books as easy as I get into thrillers, fantasy & adventure books. Overall, I think that if I finished it right away, I would like it a lot more...
"Artemis Fowl" by Eoin Colfer was really interesting book & I'll read the others too & I hope that they'll be as good & even better & better...
"Excavation" by James Rollins - I've read this book a few times over the years & I still love it. I actually re-read it now, because when I read "Subterranean" by James Rollins I loved it too & wanted to compare them both & decide which I like more. They're really close, but I think I like "Subterranean" more, although that's maybe because I read it only once & "Excavation" I've read it 4 or 5 times. I don't think I can say anything about the story in "Excavation", without ruining the story itself, although as I hint I can say that the title of this book in my country is changed & in english it'll be "The Temple of the Incas". So, if you're into adventure, for example: Indiana Jones, than this book is for you...

Last week I read usually at night before I fell asleep, so I always forgot myself & didn't really got much sleep, so because I'll probably won't have much time in the day & decided not to read at night, I guess I'll probably read one or maybe two books, but not more... I don't know what I'll read, but as always I'll choose something depending on my mood. Maybe I'll read a christmas book...

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is a lot of books you read last week! I will have to look for your reviews as I have not read a one of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Love, love, love Rick Riordan's books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son and I have been thoroughly enjoying the Percy Jackson series! Happy reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read the Artemis Fowl series.

    ReplyDelete