Oct 21, 2017

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon: Start + Challenges!

 

Once again, it's time for Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon.

And this time, it's the 10 anniversary one, and this will be the 16th time I'm participating.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my fav read-a-thon, and THANK YOU to DEWEY for starting this event, even though I never knew you, and THANK YOU to everyone else that keeps this event going!!!
 
As always, the read-a-thon for me starts at 2 pm on Saturday, and ends at 2 pm on Sunday.


As for reading, I have a pile of 15 books on my shelf I'll choose from, as well as my Kindle.

I'll just update this as I go...

 HAPPY READING EVERYONE!!!


Opening meme:


1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
- My home, in Macedonia.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
- Violet Eyes by Debbie Viguie. 

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
- My munchmallows - already had 2 before it starts ;)

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
- I'm a coffee addict that loves to read.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
- I participated in the last read-a-thon, but I won't do anything different, just read as much as I can, and do some of the challenges, and have fun.

  

10 Years in 10 Books Challenge:

 

   
 
2007 - The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle #1) by Patrick Rothfuss
2008 - The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
2009 - The Gates by John Connolly
2010 - Rot & Ruin (Benny Imura #1) by Jonathan Maberry
2011 - The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
2012 - The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms #4) by Cinda Williams Chima
2013 - The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
2014 - Half a King (Shattered Sea #1) by Joe Abercrombie
2015 - The Hollow Boy (Lockwood & Co. #3) by Jonathan Stroud
2016 - Chaos Choreography (InCryptid #5) by Seanan McGuire
2017 - The Core (The Demon Cycle #5) by Peter V. Brett
 

So, all of these are some of my most fav books. I haven't read only the 2015-2017 books yet, but they're part of book series that I love, just haven't gotten around to them yet, since I'm not reading as much as I used to and want to read in these last few years...  


Book and Beverage:


  
    

 Readathon Memories: 


My fav reads on every Dewey's read-a-thon I've participated in:
 
 
April 2010 - Courting Miss Lancaster by Sarah M. Eden
October 2010 - Thomas Riley by Nick Valentino
April 2011 - Vampire School: Casketball Capers by Peter Bentley and Chris Harrison
October 2011 - Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver
April 2012 - Summer Days by Susan Mallery & Ripper by Rachel Vincent
October 2012 - The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling (though it was a reread)
April 2013 - The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman
October 2013 - Plants vs Zombies: Lawnmageddon by Paul Tobin & Ron Chan
April 2014 - Ashes on the Waves by Mary Lindsey
October 2014 - The Boy in the Cemetery by Sebastian Gregory & Neil Gaiman's The Last Temptation
April 2015 - Coffee Gives Me Superpowers by Ryoko Iwata
October 2015 - Dead Boy by Laurel Gale
April 2016 - The Sleeper & the Spindle by Neil Gaiman
October 2016 - Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas manga
April 2017 - Seduce Me, Cowboy by Maisey Yates

 
So, I actually went through my wrap-up posts & checked.
 
  

#ReadMoreWomen Challenge:


 

Thrills and Chills Challenge:


  

Mid-Event Survey:



1. What are you reading right now?

- Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen
 
2. How many books have you read so far?

- Two books.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

- War Horse by Michael Morpurgo
 
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

- A few. Just tried to deal with them as soon as possible and go back to reading asap.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

- The fact that I already read 2 books, and I'm on my 3rd, and that I participated in as many challenges as I did...
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment