Jun 21, 2011

#63 - "When Beauty Tamed the Beast" by Eloisa James


Title:
When Beauty Tamed the Beast

Author:
Eloisa James

Series:
Happily Ever After..., Book 2

Read on the 29th of April.

Summary:
Miss Linnet Berry Thrynne is a Beauty . . . Naturally, she's betrothed to a Beast.

Piers Yelverton, Earl of Marchant, lives in a castle in Wales where, it is rumored, his bad temper flays everyone he crosses. And rumor also has it that a wound has left the earl immune to the charms of any woman.

Linnet is not just any woman.
She is more than merely lovely: her wit and charm brought a prince to his knees.

She estimates the earl will fall madly in love - in just two weeks.

Yet Linnet has no idea of the danger posed to her own heart by a man who may never love her in return.
 
If she decides to be very wicked indeed . . . what price will she pay for taming his wild heart?
 
My rating:
5 of 5
 
My thoughts on the book:
Although I enjoyed a lot the first book in this series: A Kiss at Midnight, I absolutely loved this one. Now it's one of my favourite historical romances & definitely a book that I'll re-read again & again. Now, what do I liked about it? Everything. I really liked the author's take on the Beast. It's different then all the other re-tellings that I've read. Piers isn't really a beast, he just acts like one. Just imagine younger Dr.House from the tv series House M.D. Actually, Piers's character is inspired by Dr.House. I absolutely loved him as a character. I loved Linnet's character, also. They were just really fun & lovable characters & I really connected with them. I have to admit that I even cried a little in this book. Also, I laughed out loud so much while reading this book. Just so funny & fun, so I couldn't put it down & read it in a few hours. Now Eloisa James is one of my favourite authors & I can't wait to read her other books! I highly recommend this book! 
 
Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment